Writtle Young Chef of the Year Competition
In partnership with Writtle Infant & Junior School we are launching a “Young Chef of the Year” competition which will give your child(ren) the opportunity to not only come up with their own recipe worthy of a place on our school menu but also to be in the running to win a day at at the farm where they will:
- select and prepare their ingredients from the on-site butchery and packhouse
- cook their dish in Ashlyns’ purpose built kitchen
- take a tour of the farm and,
- if they are the overall competition winner, get to ride Ashlyns’ state of the art combine harvester during harvest time at the end of the summer holiday!
The idea behind this competition is to:
- involve the children in their school lunches
- learn about the importance of healthy eating
- learn about our food and where it comes from
- develop confidence in cooking
- share time in the kitchen with family members
- have fun!
For further details about the process, the criteria and the rules of the competition click here
In the meantime, you can get your child(ren) inspired by talking to them about the meals you cook at home, sharing your favourite recipes, cook books and TV programmes together and helping them research their ideas on the internet.
Useful Dates .....
The launch assembly will take place on 13th June 2016
Closing date for entries is 20th June 2016
The assembly to announce the winners who will be coming to the farm will be 1st July 2016
The Chef competition at High Laver Hall will be on 7th July 2016